Focus on capacity building towards more resilient societies
- Study integral risk management at a large scale, involving stakeholders, and focus on the interphase between different incidents, changes of behaviour, domino effects and uncertainties.
- Understand probabilistic forecast of different scenarios, compare alternatives and have contingency plans.
- It is necessary to understand the drivers, challenges and constrains that make successful some best practices and lessons learned in order to extrapolate other scenarios, risks and situations.
- In front of emergencies that set out uncertain problems that overwhelm the management capacity, it is necessary a close collaboration between research and responders, directed to specific problems, concerning responders decision-making process, keeping in mind the drivers of change of behaviour and effects, and tools to respond to the emergency (e.g. treatments):
- a. Redefine constrains.
- b. Integrate research laboratories as responders.
- c. Develop basic science concerning drivers of the risk phenomena.
- Certify/validate models (when there is a need to assume judicial responsibilities it is necessary to have robust models to help the decision-making).
- Train crews and commanders in decision-making and communication in uncertain, dynamic, unexpected scenarios, adapting tempos and synchronizing activities with other agents. Cultivate this kind of mentality. Facilitate the improvement of existing doctrine.
#dominoeffects #ptsd #decisionlag #humanfactors #simultaneity