Involve communities in preparing population for the worst scenario before it happens
- Clearly disseminate that responders cannot protect everybody in case of major incident.
- Involve communities and stakeholders in pre-planning scenarios, in safety preparing and verification, and in drills and exercises.
- Change of paradigm. From ’We, authorities, will protect you’ To ‘You, citizen, should be actively involved’.
- Communication campaigns targeted to specific communities, with messages, exchanges and media carefully studied. Generate multi-language apps, with standardize symbology.
- Plan and prepare the involvement of volunteers and other civil society in the emergency.
- Manage and involve mass media. Training on means for mass information (social media, smartphones,…)
- Be prepared for massive alerts to population
- Educate kids and young ones.
#EuropeanPolicyFramework #TrainJournalists #trainlocalstakeholders #educatekids