Organizational learning focusing efforts in key risks and opportunities
- Towards a complete cycle of knowledge. Based on feedback from real incidents and from sexercises testing them (evaluators, assessors, statistics…) adjust SOPs, doctrine and pre-plans, and identify main gaps to focus efforts in training, procedures, personnel and equipment.
- Study and learn also from incidents in other times and places, from research, from private enterprises….
- Optimize lessons learned (=implemented) processes inside the organization and between organizations. Look for specialists in those areas.
- Widen the focus of learning, involving situation awareness at all levels, and specially prevention and self-protection. Focus on rapid recognition of the scenario; on anticipation of behavior of the fire/water/chemical/radiation; on anticipation of opportunities and risks.
- Combine experts and specialist who accumulate knowledge, with an increase in knowledge and skills of firefighters, with involvement of stakeholders in prevention visits and exercises.
#organizationallearning #knowkedg=responsibility #disseminatedexpertise #descapitalization #bestpractices #trainedevaluators #EuropeanTrainersGuides #SpecificOperationalGuides #cost-efficienttrainings #learningoutcomes #science-policy-practitionner-interphase