Negotiate solutions with stakeholders for anticipated scenarios (TOP CHALLENGE)
- Base the prediction of scenarios on historical events and on statistics (baseline), including the modelling of the actual conditions (at local level) and the human factor. (TOP CHALLENGE scored 8/12 among our 12 best challenges)
- From a local to a regional level, base pre-planning on a range of probable scenarios and negotiate the accepted level of risk based on them.
- In their planning, responders´ agencies should include low frequency, high impact emergencies, those that are probable at long term, investing in knowledge and skills and being prepared by a flexible and modular approach (external and internal facilities, strategic communication plans, reception of logistical aid…).
- In the planning integrate the different disciplines based on the scenarios and strategies chosen in each of them.
- Regulate the expectations about the communications coming from the emergency systems depending on the size of the emergency, small and big emergencies (multiple victims accidents, AMV).
- Change the focus towards active prevention, self-protection and risk mitigation. Increase efforts on improving prevention towards safe access, self-protection, facilitating firefighters’ capacity.
- At a regional scale, harmonize prevention and preparedness measures in cross-border/cross-regional areas.
- Involve risk owners, control owners, technical experts and other stakeholders, including designers, enterprises, firefighters, authorities… Ask different agencies and stakeholders for their capacity to solve gaps.
- Exchange experts in large events in other places (countries?) when timely possible.
- Build communities of practice of experts.
- Clarify/negotiate the role and the responsibilities of organizations involved in the anticipated scenarios.
- Involve society in choosing between alternative strategical scenarios and negotiate solutions.
- At a national scale, promote context-specific guidelines on best practices in planning, preparedness and prevention.
- Adapt the pre-plans to usable tools at the moment of the emergency.
#standardizedriskmap #mobilizationprocedures #planningscales #communityofusers #certifyselfprotection
#vulnerablepopulation #urbanism #landuse #communicationstrategy #unawarestakeholders #enforcement
#communityofpractice #buildtrust #prestationaldesign #camphospitals #camplaboratories