• Benefits of Innovation Procurement for Security
• Introduction to Innovation Procurement
• PCP Phases Overview
• Practical Examples of Joint Procurement
• Best Practices and Lessons Learned
DAREnet online workshop: “Social Media Handling"
Tuesday, 22 September 2020, 11.00 - 13.00 CET
•Netiquette, technical issues and data privacy
•Introduction of the presenters
•Brief overview of the registered participants
•Introduction of the DAREnet project and the scenario
•World Café / group discussions
•Summary and next steps
An event flyer can be downloaded here
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
This years Practitioner Forum will focus on the subject of "Training". The forum will introduce selected innovative approaches from practitioner organisations from the Danube Region with the aims to facilitate discussions about solutions, challenges and needs between experts and stakeholders, also to generate project ideas.
Two subjects will be tackled in 40 minutes long break-out sessions:
Session 1: Training of spontaneous volunteers and professional responders
Objectives of Session 1:
- trigger discussion between different organisations about their approaches towards the training of volunteer and professional responders
- identify good practices and training methods to improve training efficiency for spontaneous / trained responders
- share practices regarding the different training systems for volunteers and professional responders of the Danube countries
Session 2: National, regional and international trainings
Objectives of Session 2:
- share practices and experience regarding the different training approaches at national, regional, international level;
- trigger discussion about regional level disaster preparedness and response activities, compared to national and international systems
- identify good practices at national and international trainings which can be implemented at regional level
- exchange ideas about potential standardized training requirements at regional level
The Commission has made public the 2019 report of the H2020 PASAG on Optimising access to dual-use R&T and R&D results for security.
This report brings very timely insights on the challenges and opportunities for the exploitation of synergies between civil security and defence research and technology development in view of the funding programmes foreseen for the next Multi-annual Financial Framework.
Inspired by the same modeling and mathematical laws used to predict the spread of pandemics, researchers at Texas A&M University have created a model to accurately forecast the spread and recession process of floodwaters in urban road networks. With this new approach, researchers have created a simple and powerful mathematical approach to a complex problem.